Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Livingg

College is a whirlwind of figuring stuff out. Never in my life have I had to do soooo much figuring stuff out. From classrooms to bus schedules, metro stops, dining hall hours, doors that aren't alarmed, meeting new people, being myself, doing my homework, having fun, running enough, and working, it's been crazy. But good crazy. I'm starting to love the ebb-and-flow of this campus. So many people commute! The weekdays are buzzing with people, and by dinnertime, it slows down and gets super chill. Some people hate it, I think I kinda like it :]
I'm working my first ever job shift today! I'm doing secretary work... answering phones. It would be awesome if I didn't lose my voice almost completely this week. hahahaha those poor people on the other line tryin to figure out what I'm sayin... Oh well.
I'm HUNGRY. I have mastered the art of using public transportation. I know how to ward off people on the street who "are five dollars short of the big mac they want to buy" [because big macs are pretty pricey these days?], I have experienced the whole get-woken-up-out-of-a-dead-sleep-because-we-have-a-fire-drill thing, annnnnd I made friends with the cafeteria lady. It's pretty radddd.
I gotta go, but more lata!

No comments:

Post a Comment