Thursday, September 30, 2010

Bahh Humbug.

Today is slate gray, rainy, depressing, The air is really dense, i feel like if i swished a knife through the air, I would see the slit that I cut. It looks like is should be cold, but as always, this Arlington weather is bipolar and unpredictable. It's muggy and warm with a baby breeze. I want my fall to be here.
If i could describe how today felt, I'd probably say it was like unsalted popcorn. It wasn;t necessarily horrible, I was fine. But there was nothing extra about it, nothing delicious [except the french toast slice i had at 7:30am], nothing spectacular. Just bland. Just the sound of wind between the buildings and being annoyed by too much rain puddle soaking my shoes and seeping up my pant leg on my way to class. Today felt heavy.
I stayed up all night writing a paper. That's probably why.

I ache for summertime again. I want bare feet, bonfiring, singing along badly to someone who knows how to play guitar. I want one of those summer night when you're driving home and you're racing to beat your curfew, your windows are down and the stars are extra bold because the sky is pitch black, almost blue. Blasting country music on empty roads, just you. I love to drive alone, it's so freeing. I think whe I drive, pray when I drive, rock out when I drive, and nevvver wear shoes when i drive. I recently found out that driving barefoot is illegal in Indiana? Who knew? I think that is a superfluous and useless law and a waste of legislation. Let the drivers be barefoot! I can feel the pedals under my feet a whole lot better anyway. Ah, I miss driving a lot. It's one of the things I'm most excited for when I go home. I lovelove to drive.
sdkjbjds. I haven't run in a week. Maybe that's part of why I've been feeling restless. Running really does keep me sane.. maybe I'll hit the gym for a study break later tonight. Cause, oh yeah, I have a midterm tomorrow that I thought wasn't until next Tuesday. Don't you love it when that happens?
I'm going to go meet Jaime girl for dinner, I'm starrving. Hopefully they have good food today?
Happy Thursday, it's almost the weekend. Almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment