Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Stoplights and Intersections. And Party Depot.

OVERFLOWING. My life is completely overflowing with sooo many cool things!! Friendship bracelets and friends who made them, borrowed hoodies, climbing trees in the dark, bonding time with new amazing people, phone calls, sleepovers, bathrobes, birthday cake, so much laughter venting sessions, learning more about myself and about other people, philosophy, sociology, and miserably elementary writing assignments. They're all making my life a huuuuge bundle of party balloons, a huge joy. I'm so happy about who I am and where I am. I feel like as I start to get used to it here, I will start to find out how God wants to use me here. Because I'm not at Marymount University, a tiny Catholic school that no one knows about, all the way from Indiana, for no reason at all. God gave me the resources and mind to get the amazing scholarships I did, and he paved the way so clearly for me to be here. I want to know why. I see so many new faces every day. Ive met people who feel like their lives are void of something important, like they haven't lived for SOMETHING, they've only lived for themselves. I want them to experience what I have. I want them to be able to see what I am able see every day in every face. Opportunity. Opportunity to be my absolutely lit on fire with life, love every second because there's no reason not to ME. I want them to feel the richness I feel because of deep friendships and the trust and honesty and self-awareness that comes along with them. I want people to see what they're missing out on. God, keep giving me opportunities. I want to keep loving without being scared and without being disappointed. Keep me fearless.
I went to "Party Depot" with two friends the other day. I could LIVE in that store.
It was my friend Chelsea's birthday today! We decided to surprise her and strategically place 18 balloons around campus, each balloon with a different gift. It was stressful success! We have such cool friends to stand in 18 different places on campus holding balloons. Yay! I am soooo full of birthday cake right now.
I'm in the library... "studying." I mean, we even took the birthday cake with us. Chelsea and Emily are playing with photobooth and giggling up a storm, Jaime is secretly recording videos behind our backs and I am giggling and "blogging" because this is way too much fun. Waaaayy too much fun to study. I have an 8am class tomorrow, what? BRANG IT.
TODAY:
I jammed out to Justin Beiber songs on the capital beltway with the windows down.
I chased my shuttle until it got to an intersection and then I knocked on the door for the driver to let me in.
I bought a snapple for myself and two huge cookies for someone from somewhere called "Mary's Cafe"
I took a shower at 2:40, got dressed and was on time to my 3:00 job.
I rapped in a library study and got a shout out from a guy who was wearing the same pajama pants as me. win.

Today was a good day, now I have to go write and essay, do a chem quiz, fill out a study guide, and read the whole book of job.

2 comments:

  1. Your article is very interesting, I have introduced a lot of friends look at this article, the content of the articles there will be a lot of attractive people to appreciate, I have to thank you such an article.

    ReplyDelete