Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Homesick.

I should be doing soooo many things right now. Like writing my paper that's due tomorrow. Or studying for finals. Or sleeping? But I'm at work, so I have at least a little bit of an excuse for blogging right now.
Today I woke up at approximately 11:49am.
I ate macaroni and cheese and a cannoli in the cafeteria today. It was magical.
I wrote an introduction for my Plato's Symposium essay and it's more than halfway decent. I'd say its pretty all the way decent.
It's raining today. But it's not depressing rain, it's fall rain. I feel like there should be a Notre Dame football game going on, and I should have stick on tattoos on my cheeks and a big hoodie on. I should be at a tailgate eating way too much taco dip and hearing the marching band and loving the smell of beer and charcoal grills and saying hi to so many people I don't know and trying to get free tickets 5 minutes before kickoff. Can you tell I'm missing home today? Fall weather makes me ache for South Bend and tailgating and the smell of burning leaves in my neighborhood and driving past MSA soccer games in Bohem Park. I do, I miss home a lot today.
I want some realllllly fuzzy socks, my living room sofa, my mom cooking dinner, my brothers fighting way too loudly over who gets the computer my brother watching football and getting really upset about the scores and i want a glass of red wine.
yep. all of that. because it's the best. and i miss it.

okaayyyy good things about being here right now
im learning a ton! about schoolwork and about myself and how to act and how to deal with other people.
the food is good today
i have sooooooooooooo many wonderful amazing hilarious friends. they make me so happy :)
I have a job!
I'm alive

wow I'm bad at the grateful game today. I need to work on that...
I eally am a happyhappy person. Life is grand, i love it so much. It's forever full of smiles and conversations and best friends and unexpected hugs and daymaking surprises and hoodies and slippers and sooooooooooo much love. I am so loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment