Thursday, October 21, 2010

Zero complaints, this life is way too awesome.

I'd like to be astounding like my best friend Valerie. Shoutout-- no matter what you're writing about, Valpants, your posts make me cry every time. No matter what.

Sometimes I let myself feel too much, I think. Is is dangerous to be so profoundly affected by everything around me? I'm starting to wonder. I ache for other people's problems and sometimes I don't even stop to examine my own. I just spend time trying to figure out why I FEEL the way I do, rather than acting on what my heart is asking me. There is always a reason. I may not know why I'm saddened by some of the behavior of people around me or confused when people can't understand me or feeling isolated even when I'm surrounded by infinity people who love me, but I do sometimes. I really do. But I'm not feeling this way for no reason, there's always God behind everything, every human experience. I've made a decision. When I doubt, I'm committing to love. It's the most real, unstoppable, omnipotent thing I know. To love is to be like God. How much more could I ask for? It doesn't cost anything, only the willingness of my heart and my mind. Such a gift, such an incredible gift, love. I was created to love unconditionally.

Every time I look at my wrists, I smile. They are FULL of bracelets. On my left wrist, I have 3 silly bands (a cow, a hippo and a flamingo, all from Valerie), a friendship bracelet from Heidi, one from Valerie, one from Jake and one from Simon. I'm also wearing my precious Peru bracelet from Valerie. On my right wrist I have friendship bracelets from Val, Gracie, and Roger. And a cool Jamaican one I bought for myself. My heart is happy because I carry my friends everywhere I go :]

I get to see my mom this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She's kind of my best friend, and I haven't seen her since August 24th. I'm going to cry happy tears when she gets here.

Sometimes all I want to do is sing.
I'm having a really awkward hair day.
I have far too many post-it notes everywhere.
It just occurred to me that no one's going to wash my dishes for me so I prolly should.
I reeeeeallllly want to run outside today. It's a blustery, sunny, crispy fall day outside and I'm in love with it.
I played pickup soccer with about 20 boys the other night. I'm sore.
I'm considering making it free hug day. I think hugs are just the best, everyone should be getting them.
The fridge in my dorm has been completely empty for about two weeks.
I really appreciate thumb tacks.
I realized yesterday that I don't have a coat
Cardigans are the bomb dot com. Especially ones that are four dollars at goodwill.
Goal for the day: zero disappointment in myself. Today started off with a beautiful walk to my chem class, I offered my day to God, and it's gonna stay that way. Zero complaints, nothing but sunshine and love for this life. I got this.

No comments:

Post a Comment