Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Words from a friend.

A friend told me this today and it made me feel sooo free:

"You have so much time. And right now, you have this AMAZING chance to be wildly loved and relentlesssssly pursued by GOD, the most incredible significant other ever."

Whaaaaaaaat?! Okay talk about cool perspectives, this one blew my mind. To think of God being your significant other never occurred to me before! But think about it... your significant other is first and foremost, SOMEONE. Someone you have a physical and mental relationship with! That, even that primary, foundational concept is cool when you think about it being God. So in addition to having a close, deep relationship with him, HE FEELS THE SAME WAY. God pursues ME. God loves ME. I am his, he is mine! HOLY COW, have you ever realized that?? God is my creator, my savior, my teacher, my friend, my father, my shoulder, my everything. Nothing should feel lacking in me, because he can complete it. HOW FREE AM I? Gosh. I wish people felt this. It's love. All around, no loopholes, no funny business, selfless, complete love. It's why I breathe, it's why I speak, laugh, eat, sing, run, be. HIS LOVE is my life. God relentlessly pursues me through this life that I live. How can I not return his love? Who am I to EVER be dissatisfied with anything when I have been given an entire life of adventures to live? Life is not supposed to be rainbows and candycorn all the time, I know that. But when I start to get discouraged about things in my life that shouldn't matter and that will resolve with time, I'm not doing myself any favors! Why linger in a mess you create yourself when you can keep discovering new beauties, sunsets, faces, expressions, viewpoints and trees to climb. I want to scream, beg people not to waste this adventure by closing their eyes.
Pursue me, Lord. After all, I'm yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment