Wednesday, February 16, 2011

series of [un]fortunate events.

i just really really burned my tongue on my coffee. i don't think ill be able to taste anything for a week.

today has been the weirdest, most frustrating yet strangely half-productive day.

it was beauuuutfil outside today. it actually felt like spring. 60 degrees and blissfully sunny. obviously, amaaazing running weather. so i ran, i ran a difficult, hilly, good route. when i got back, i freaked out because my student ID, which i'd put in my pocket at the beginning of my run, was GONE. So, i re-traced my steps. Ran the whole route over again, looking for my ID that dropped. I never found it. I was soo upset. I was locked out of my room also, so I was not the happiest of campers. After I got a resident life person to unlock my door [which is a five dollar charge on my student account], i showered real fast and ended up being an hour late for work. Bueno. Then, since I assumed the hunt for my ID to be hopeless, I proceeded to go the ID office to get a new student ID made. [Without an ID, you can't scan up in elevators to your room, and you can't eat.] It is a $30 charge on your student account for a new ID. That's so. much. money. That I don't have. I was grumpy.
So fast forward one hour and Im in line for dinner, and my friend walks up behind me and was like "oh hey feeks, you'll never guess what I found!"

yeah.

he found my ID.

at the beginning of where I started retracing my route.

WHAT. THE. HECK.

He musta picked it up while I was on round one of my running escapade, so when i went back to look for it, it wasn't there.

Long story short, I wasted $35 dollars today. And that puts a frowny on my face.

In other news, I have a huge american lit II test tomorrow that im not by anyy means ready for. I have choir practice in an hour, not very much sleep, a burnt tongue, owwy knees from my unexpected 5 mile run full of hills, AND it's steaming hot in this libary. I might lose it. But im trying not to.

positives:
i'm wearing flip flops.
liz and nick stuck with me when i was stranded out of my room.
someone told me that my toenail polish reminded them of the little mermaid. win.
it's hump day.
im not sick.
i got extra exercise today.
the night is young.

Im in a weird mood, im trying not to be discouraged, it's just one of those days that you have to push out of your mind and move on with the next thing, but im totally beating myself up about the whole ID thing. boooo.

but om going to smile at the next person who walks by, im going to study all night and get prepared for this exam. Im going to be positive. positive pete.

jqnwdkjnfkjsdlkfcls

okay, peace out. I hope your day was sunshiney and "adventurous" like mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment