Thursday, February 17, 2011

I can feel the sting of summer on my skin

I think I have cumulatively spent about 3 hours in the sun today. 3!!!! Because today is absolutely, incredibly perfect. It's not cold. At all. Not even when the wind blows. I was HOT sitting in the sunshine at 11am. THANK YOU GOD. I started off my day well. After I got back from my 8:45 in Ballston [the other campus that you have to take a shuttle to], I sat outside the student center for two hours studying for my american lit exam. It was not only productive studytime, I think I got some new freckles too :)

My test was really really long, but overall, I think I actually kinda owned it. It's all gonna depend on my my professor grades it though... mmmrh.

I left my theology class like 35 mins early today 'cause i felt sicky. My head was really light and spinny and i just felt pleh. So I went and sat on a picnic bench and drank a power-c machine naked juice, and all was right with the world. Then I ran into my theology professor. That wasn't awkward.

I LOVE COUNTRY MUSIC. Especially on days like this. I can't get enough of the sound and feel of sunshine. That's what good country is, you know. The sound of sunshine. Gravel roads, feet on the dashboard, windows down, feet hanging off the end of a pier sunshine. I miss days like this. So alive.

I love that Jaime said I was awesome Today. Twice.
I love that Chelsea just walked in with wet hair and I got a text from her like 3 mins ago telling me to tell everyone in the office that "she's on her way!"
I love that I wore a skirt, tank top, and flip flops today and was completely comfortable the whole day because it's so warm out.
I love that I laid down in the middle of a parkinglot barefoot.
I love that I have friends who want to give me slurpies and bites of their chicken quesadillas.
I love that people were playing pickup soccer on the practice field today.
I love that I talked to my mom today.
I love that instead of listening to my history lecture, I wrote Becca a letter.
I love that I'm wearing the purse thresee gave me and it has a huge owl in front that reminds me of valerie.
I love that Im about to go to a choral concert and be recorded on tv and I've literally read through the music twice. Helooo improv.
I love that my bracelet says carpe diem.

I like life today. You know the song "anything but mine" by kenny chesney? It's in my head, and it reminds me of summertime on the beach at sunset and I want to be back there soooo badly. I love the smell of the beach, when the hot day is over and the leftover haze of hot, salty air is still leftover and it fades to a taste in your mouth and nose.I miss sand being everywhere, even though it's irritating. I miss coming inside to the blasting air conditioning and sitting down on a sofa and still feel the sun sinking in my skin. I miss summertime, the lazy days, the runs when the sun is coming up. Mmmm give me a sunrise run on the gulf. Sounds so nice.

Like I said earlier, I have to leave work in like ten minutes to go sing for the choir that I spontaneously joined hahaha. We're going to the national shrine and recording music for two masses. I have only rehearsed with them ONCE. This will be ridiculously adventurous. I'm down to dabble.

It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away. I think I may have gotten a little sun on my cheeks, just God's reminder that he loves me and spring is on its way. Take off your shoes, wear tour tshirt inside out, snap your gum, sing while you walk in public. Don't lose today, it's the only February 17th 2011 you'll ever have. EVER.
I'm such a drama queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment