Monday, November 1, 2010

i procrastinate by writing poetry about nothing in particular. enjoy.

Being alive today is just what it looks like
tastes like, breaks like and bends like,
but I wish you were here.

Like the sound of needle-crunch leaf under pebble-studded shoe treads.
like the look of fire leaves in between the green of stay-around trees.
like the sound of airplane lines being made in-between the cerulean.

The peppery air stays in the folds of my jacket and the smell surrounds me, even when I'm watching the weather from inside glowy store windows or shuttle-bus doors.
I'm preoccupied with a bonfire-mind, I'd like to dust my shoes on the carpet of colorness underneath this cobwebbed concrete patio.

Shuffled in the words of a country love song, I'm torn between my logic and mystic.
The colorsmell of this fall air is a getaway car, bringing me home fast. I usually hope that you'll be waiting there to see me with a fall flower in my tangled hair

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I never saw this before now...I like it. Keep writing, Christeta. You have a lot to say.

      Delete