Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I love Pollard Street

Today, I am so grateful for
caffeine
time
amazingly spiffy running shoes
fall trees
adventure runs and discovering new routes
my sisters. i miss them and think about them all the time.
excedrin extra strength
photos on my wall

id really love a rooftop to sit on. I feel like I'd get a lot of thinking done. it would be good for my soul. There's something about getting alone-time in really obscure places like rooftops or anywhere isolated that really gets to me. I get really pensive and peaceful. I need that right now I think.

I ran today and decided to be creative and take neighborhood streets that I'd never been on. Aside from my being slightly lost for a while, it was suuch a good decision because it was beauuutiful. I found a perfect street. It's called Pollard street. As soon as you turn onto it, everything is orange and yellow and red and warm-colored, and you're a part of it, and as the street winds down to a curve, you feel like you're in a storybook of fall time and pumpkin pie and warm fuzzies. I got a homey feeling from Pollard street. Thanks, Pollard street.

I love words.

Did you know that half the time, I'm stringing random words together in my head to make pretty, interesting, or eclectic sounding sentences or poems? It's true.

I'd love to know why my headache won't go away.

Another fact of life: homework just never ever gets done.

I like my name today. I don't know any other Marys here.

I'm deciding to not say the phrase "I'm tired" more than once a day. I say it too much, and I hate whiners.

I'm not feeling creative right now. I wish I could just unwind the spool of crazy thoughts jumbled up in my head right now, but it's not gonna work today. I'd like to fly a kite right now. In bare feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment