Tuesday, January 4, 2011

NARANJA. [NaR-ahhn-HA!]

I am currently sitting at the kitchen table next to my brother John as he sweats and toils through doing his paper for project week. I remember project week [only a year ago, seems like a whole lot longer]. John hates writing papers. He absolutely hates it, with every fiber of his being. I think he would honestly rather chew tree bark than write papers. That being said, it takes a lot of umph from my mother [bless her heart] to keep him motivated and on-the-job. I woke up to her sitting next to him offering suggestions and really helping him with his paper, while John responded with grumbles and a few snippets of "how do I do that?" John is a smart, smart kid, he just hates writing papers, so he shuts down when he has to. Poor kid.

I've really gotta go for a long run today. SOMEONE MOTIVATE ME. It's snowing. I guess that's nice. It's a cute kind of snowing. You know what I mean? The snowflakes are so... individual? They're far enough apart that they look like a bunch of Q-tip tops floating everywhere. There's not snow on the ground, so it looks really pretty against the green on the ground.

oh, digression...

I test drove some puppies at the mall yesterday! That's when you know you're in South Bend. There is absolutely nothing better to do than go to "Pat's Pets" in the mall and ask to "try out" their puppies. Haha, we played with a baby cocker spaniel and we named him "Peter Nincompoop." Don't ask me why, it was Roger's idea. The doggy had reaaalllly big, clumsy feet and he kept sliding everywhere and couldn't walk around on the tile floor without slipping. It was SO cute. I wanted to puppy-nap baby peter nincompoop.

I'm trying to register for a run in D.C. but my registration keeps failing. I hope I didn't miss the deadline to sign up :/

My nails are painted purple, but they're really chippy.

Avacados are magical food.
Really, they are so delish.
Eat some, it's goood for you.
Omega-3s yummmm

I wish that I could take a creative writing class in college. I'm sure they're offered in some form, but I have yet to discover one. I would lovelovelove it. I mean, this blog is kind of my outlet for creativity and venting and everything else in between but to be able to do it for college credit... cool!

My internet connection is BAD. It upsets me, because I'm mildly inconvenienced.

Maybe I'll make dinner tonight. Yeah, I think I will.

I am wearing fantastically unmatched socks from Valerie. They are the apple to my orange. SHE is the apple to my orange. NARANJA. That's orange in spanish. But it might be the color orange, and not the actual orange orange. But I do like the word naranja. It reminds me of Narnia. And you know what? Narnia is the bomb-diggity, the bees knees, the cat's pajamas, the COOLEST. Ergo, Naranja is the bombest of spanish vocabulary words. Because for all we know, it could mean "orange" the color, "orange" that you eat, AND Narnia. Magic? Yes, yes it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment