Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Commuter Chronicles: Day 2 (and day one cont.)

Soooo, day one went swimmingly. My Fundamentals class was the typical first-day business-- going over the syllabus, asking a billion questions, etc. I like my professor, though, I'm excited about the course. All of the clinical stuff we'll be doing this semester is pretty much exactly what I had to learn to be a CNA, so I'm ready to knock it outta the park.

Back to what I was saying about having a renewed freedom and peace in life.

I embraced and discovered the true, pure, weightless freedom and peace that comes when you bare your soul to the Father. Coupled with a really excellent confession right before Christmas, and an abundance of prayer, the Lord has been so generous in providing for me. It rings true that when you offer up your worries, hopes, sorrows, dreams and struggles to the Lord, he absolutely provides for you. Psalm 37:3-4 says,
"Trust in the LORD, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness. Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart."
This passage speaks truly to what the Lord desires of us; to delight in him by giving our whole self over to the power of his clemency and power, and in turn, he delights in us and gives us the desires of our hearts. After I threw everything I had been going through and struggling with at His feet, the Lord was so amazingly quick to act, in ways I cannot even begin to describe. He opened so many doors that I thought I had permanently sealed shut because of my actions and choices. I gave him my darkness, and he dissolved it and replaced it with blinding, beautiful light. I am 600 miles away from home, from my amazing parents, my wonderful boyfriend, and yet I have never felt more close and secured to the people I love. God's mercy and love is pouring out from every corner of my little world, and I refuse to take Him for granted. I am striving to give every day to him, every conversation I have and every choice that I make, I want Him to be in every one. There is no happiness without the Father, nor can there be love. Because God IS love, personified in his son Jesus, and through the works of the Holy Spirit, he is ACTIVE, alive in this world, and to pretend that we can ignore it is foolish. I will foolishly love the Lord, and trust in him with everything. He is my captain and my companion, how blessed I am to have a friendship with Him. AAAAAAMEN!

Today I have two classes, Microbiology (yiiiikes, I'm scared for this one), and my Microbio Lab. I hope I have a good professor, they can make or break any given course. I have so much to do!!! I haven't bought any of my books yet, I need to figure out my uniform for clinicals (back in scrubs again, hooray!), I need to get CPR certified (I have no idea how I've made it this long without having done that…), and tons of other little nitpicky things that are annoying yet essential.

I'm ready to give my day to God and conquer my schoolwork and have good conversations and be productive!!! (If I succeed, I will high five myself.)

I hope everyone is having a happy happy Tuesday. If this is not the case, think of ten things in ordinary life that you are grateful for. Here, I'll do it to.

1. pillows
2. sunshine on front steps
3. H2O
4. parking spaces, no matter how far I have to walk
5. sunglasses
6. clean laundry
7. gazebos
8. nice security men
9. words
10. sharpies

There you go! It'll put you in a good mood if you think of ten things, I promise.
Until tomorrow!

MC

No comments:

Post a Comment