Saturday, December 5, 2009

Merry Cookies

I got to wake up bright and early this freezing Saturday morning and work at the annual Trinity School Christmas Bazaar Cookie Walk. Every family who has children attending Trinity needs to make 7 dozen cookies per child attending. My poor mother had to slave over 28 dozen cookies. Ridiculous. Anyway, I never fully realized how much people really like cookies... I mean, they were legitimately frantic over getting the kinds of cookies they wanted. Old ladies were shuffling down the cookie line with an unnatural, flustered intensity as they were determined to get the best cookies before the others in the line got to them. It was hardcore entertaining for me. My job was to replenish the half- empty trays of cookies and keep them filled with the hundreds of varieties of cookies. The cookie walk began at 9 in the morning, and all the cookies were gone by 10:15. Before the walk started, the line for it was out the door of the building. That is pathetic, people. Forreal, it's weird that you're so desperate to get your clammy hands on holiday themed cookies. This is why America harbors the world's biggest population of obese people. It's unfortunate that Trinity School's fundraiser contributes to that statistic, but at least we're getting money to pipe heat through our school's ancient radiators. Honestly, every time the heat turns on in our school, it sounds like the building is finally ready to collapse, or at the very least, an army of very small people is tromping through the walls, ceilings, and pipes. Every time the heat begins to turn on, there never fails to be a muffled whisper of "they're coming for us!" from someone in the classroom.
In other news, I'm excited to watch the Florida v. Alabama game today... although, I have yet to decide who I want to root for. I'm going to watch it with a hardcore bama fan, and I'm tempted to root for Florida just to be contrary. I may get ostracized though, haha.

Gosh, I really have eaten a lot of cookies today. We got to take home a large bag of broken cookies, and it's sitting right next to me practically ASKING me to eat them. It's tough, really. I think I'll go on a run later...
I hope it snows more today! It snowed some this morning and it was very pretty, and actually began to stick, but then the sun came out and it stopped. In my opinion, if it's going to be under thirty degrees, it may as well be snowing, because cold weather is miserable, and if it's not even snowing, then it's completely pointless.
Well, I'm off to continue being lazy, feel bad about myself for being so lazy, and then probably end up having another cookie to cope with my self pity, and then feel even fatter.
Sweeeet.

No comments:

Post a Comment