Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hodge-Podge.

Lately, I've been tired. Really, really tired. Like usually I can snap out of it and fake it till I make it but maaan oh man, I'm TIRED. It's like all these things in my life that were in the back of my brain hibernating just all decided to wake up at once and surprise me. Now its like... if you were to shut yourself in a room that had a bunch of windows that were all open and people were standing outside and throwing beanie babies at you, repeatedly from all directions and yelling at you to name each one of them but you're too busy being preoccupied with slapping away the persistent shower of beanie babies being thrown at you... that's how I feel. TOO MANY BEANIE BABIES.

On the flipside, it was/is sunny out today. I got out of my lab a little bit early today, so I sat outside for a while and looked at the clouds, got some coffee, called my mom, then smoked some hookah at a picnic table with the cool kids. That was nice.

I had a psychology midterm this morning and it was kiinda ridiculous. It was open book, open note, annnnd open laptop. So studying seemed a little bit frivolous. And I mean, you can look up everything online.. which I did. But it kinda took a while, so when my professor announced that I had 15 minutes left and I had two essay questions to do, you better believe that I was sweating up a storm to finish that business. I did, though. I'm pretty sure I did well. Hooahh.

Chelsea makes me laugh.

I have an odd fear of working my front desk at work. It's like, when I'm in the back on the phones, I'm not face to face with the people I'm helping, but then when you're at the front desk, BOOM, you're tellin people to fill out papers and booking appointments and it gets REAL. Kinda scary.

I need to sleep more. I'm running on adrenaline and coffee and cheerios. Helloo Tuesday.

Today, the redbull car passed by. I got REALLY happy, because a redbull sounded pretty dang nice. So I chased it with a couple friends, waited for it to park, stood around, then the redbull girl opened her window and said they weren't giving out samples today. I was actually a little bit heartbroken. That car is such a tease, it got my hopes up. LAAAME.

My oh myyyy I need a sunset. And probably some stars after that.

My dad is such a winner. He filled out all of my financial aid stuff online and on time. I don't know what I'd do without him. I love him and miss him so much. I just really, really do.

Yooo happy mardi gras! Otherwise known as fat tuesday. I've always hated that name. FAT TUESDAY. Maybe it's because I really don't like tuesdays in general because they're just dumb days that are stuck at the beginning of the week and taunt you because friday is still really far away. And then to add "fat" to "tuesday" just makes it sound even less appealing. I prefer Mardi Gras. Or "free-pancakes-at-ihop-day." Does this mean lent starts tomorrow? Ooof what to give up..

I think Valerie is a soul-soldier. That sounds weird, but I think she is. She has so much on her heart all the time because that's how she lives-- she just takes normal stuff and things people may think are insignificant and she thinks about them and wrestles with them and just cares, truly, madly, deeply, about SO much. It's her natural self to be that way, but since not a lot of people are, it's tough to be understood sometimes. But she lives so well. Beautifully, in fact. Valerie, you KNOW how to live beautifully. That is SO cool.

I miss Katie Anne and Renee.

There's a sharpie next to me and I miiiight doodle on myself with it.
I think I'm addicted to gum.
Carpe Diem. Trying, trying.
I'm having a really WEIRD hair day.
You know you room is a mess when you pick up an umbrella off the floor and there are various articles of clothes hanging on it.
I have a headache. Go away.
Gracie just called me a "certified hick." Is it weird that I take that as a compliment?
Anatomy & Physiology is hacking away at my soul.
I get to see my sister and some cousins on friday. Im excited :]
It's supposed to be 60 and sunny tomorrow. I want to wear a dress. But I don't have one.
I have come to the realization that I've been almost a year in college and I still have never had easy mac or ramen noodles. or cup o' noodles.
Chocolate milk let me down yesterday. I didn't even know that was possible.
45 minutes until run time. My general running speed on the treadmill now is at like 7.8. I feel kind of accomplished.


Ashaunte is cute because she writes lovenotes on my mirror. I wanna put her in my pocket and keep her forever.

I WANT TO TIE-DYE SOOOOO BAD.

I really wish people played more acoustic guitar here. There is a serious lack of sing-a-long jamming on this campus. It makes me miss Jake Maz all the time.
Jake! Let's go to Champagne Island?

I'm just rambling now.
Overall, it's a good day. And it's going to end with free pancakes. I'm okay with that.
Salty wind, sand in my toes, warm nights with the sky exploding with stars, seeing the spotlight from the boardwalk down the beach, running along the beach, feeling the sting of summer on my skin. That's what's on my mind. Take me there.

No comments:

Post a Comment