Tuesday, November 13, 2012

It's something, at least

Holy wow it's been forever since I've visited my little blog.

Today, it's sunny outside and the air is incredibly crispy and sharp like a whistle. It's days like this that make me miss my daily runs in Arlington, the windy streets and oh so many leaf-crunched, muscle-aching hills. When did I start letting chilly weather get in the way of what makes me so darn happy? Resolution: I shall resume running.

It's dawning on me that the end of this semester is rapidly coming to a close... finals week is a-coming! Oh boy. Good thing I'm only taking 3 classes right now.

I crave conversations about big things. I wish Becca were here. I want to read C.S. Lewis books out loud and scribble notes in the margins and discuss the complexities of life and death and the human mind and the love of God and drink a good beer while doing so. Someone should step forward and help me avert my crisis of having a people-void in my life. Rawr. I should stop being grumpy and ungrateful. There is a lot to be grateful for... time for a list? Alright.

I'm grateful for my zippy little car that never lets me down.

For unmatched socks
For good books and blank journal pages asking to be filled
For discounts
For work
For honest, true-blue, no-nonsense conversations
For sleep, no matter how little
For God.
For my tiny little adorable Turkish math professor. She makes me giggle every time.
For phone chargers.
For the good old world wide web.
For sound advice and fierce love.

Oh, dear life, sometimes you muddle my brain.

I'm procrastinating cleaning a bathroom right now. It's just not a fun job. But it must be done, so I'm gonna do it riiiight now.

No comments:

Post a Comment