Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Food for Thought


So during my first year of college, Valerie sent me a little book called "God Calling," and it's essentially 365 entries, one for each day of the year. Each entry is titled, and each has something specific to say. Most of the entries revolve around scripture. The one for today was really cool and so I thought I would share it.

Hold Your Fort

Remember that My followers are to be a peculiar people, separated from among others. Different ways, a different standard of living different customs, actuated by different motives. Pray for Love.
Pray for My Spirit of Love to be showered on all you meet. Deal with yourself severely. Learn to love discipline.
Never Yield to one point that you have already won. Discipline, discipline. Love it and rejoice-rejoice. Mountains can be removed by thought. Rejoice.


Pretty nifty, I think. I like to think about dealing with myself severely. It's so true, you totally have to. I definitely need to be my own slave-driver sometimes, but it always pays off. Just thought I'd share that entry. I love my little book.

No comments:

Post a Comment