Friday, August 12, 2011

Me gusta mi vida :)

Hoodie weather starting at 7pm this week

An evening run, however slow it may have been, with Annie

5 mile walks home from work

laughing until I cried because of something I can't even remember

Dwight Schrute

Crossword puzzles

My mother

A conscience

Sore ab muscles

Adorable kids who I get snotty-nosed hugs from every day at work. I love nannying.

The ability to mass-produce grilled cheese for 6 kids in 20 minutes using one griddle.

Becca


These are some major things I am grateful for this week. I'm noticing my tendency to be prone to ungrateful mopiness for no apparent reason, and I don't like that about myself. I get to spend 5 days a week with 6 amazing, beautiful, insane, hilarious kids. I have learned a world of patience and wit. [Kids can out-wit you soooo easily]. I have a country whose definition is freedom and who am I to deserve it? I don't have to worry about debt, being truly hungry, loneliness or despair. I have absolutely everything I need and more, and, sadly, it is incredibly easy to take for granted. I don't want to. I don't want to live wasting my resources and gifts. I have so much to give and countless ways to give it. I just need to decide to start doing it.

I go back to school in less than two weeks. Honestly, the summer totally got away from me. It's felt like a lifetime and 5 minutes at the same time. I feel like I just rolled out of bed to take my last final, pack up my room and leave NOVA for my south bend summer. But school feels like a world away and I can't believe the contrast of my two lives. This coming semester will test me, in a lot of ways. I'm taking 19 credits and working on campus 10 hours a week. I just decided to go underway in the p.o.p. and I'm still mulling over my decision. This semester will test my mind, ethic, and faith. I'll want to give up, I'll want to slack off, but I'm telling myself right now that I can't. I want to charge forward, go energizer-bunny on this situation and let it become a part of me, I don't want to be controlled by my schedule. Im so excited for this change, I can't wait to see what is in store for me.

I'm going to chocago in the morning to hang out with my MU friend, the lovely and wonderful Liz. Liz is so cool. There actually isn't a better word to describe her, because everything she says and does is so unique and awesome. She kinda makes you want to be her. I can't wait to hang out with the ladyy.

I'm sleepy, so I'm going to bed, how about that.

For now, Im grateful to be. Although I am grateful for other things as well, being grateful for existing should always be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment