Monday, June 21, 2010

God, You Astound Me

Nooo matter how stressed out I am or how sick I feel or how confusing life gets, God always finds ways to astound the heck outta me. Seriously, he is so cool. I am so blessed to have friends who share my love of Christ, eyes to see the world He created, and the mind and heart to appreciate what i am given. How great is our God, he loves us infinitely while we are finite.




Laughter staples my soul to life's simplicity
like third grade construction paper.
It colours my walls and draws on my heart.

Just by running, keeping pace with the sky,
leaving behind road dust and sandy sidewalks
my soul is exploding, it wants to laugh for joy.

I laugh at mistakes, laugh at myself
I am young and unprepared, I am not getting through life alone.
God, ground me.

Glue gun my mind to life's adventures, tack me to its edge.
I love the wind, the rush of it when it combs my tangled hair.
Ill shout and run, sprint if I can to reach the arm of forever.

Feet out the window, new perspectives unwind...
dangle the stars over my head,
I want to gape at my inability to count them.

Dizzy me, wonderful world.
God, you astound me.

No comments:

Post a Comment