Sunday, February 14, 2010

Who I Am


I'm impatient with who I've made myself to be...
the true me seeps through my skin a beat too slowly to catch up with
the rest of my life's rhythm.
hurry, please hurry.
there is dark and there is light, there are frowns, smiles, and waning sunsets
waiting for me to capture with an eye, a camera lens, a memorized moment.
God, I want to fill the world with the entire
moon-ful of thoughts and adventures that fill my
inspired, chaotic head.
The beauty of this world astounds the breathe straight
from my chest every time I think about it.
For real, can you even begin to think about everything?
the whole world is breaking full of thoughts,
and you're only ONE of the gazillion thinkers.
I ache to project the person in my head who sees, cries at this crazy beautiful life,
embraces the chaos, and doesn't pretend to understand it.
I want you to know that it's me that
lets go
falls free and wild
shoots across ideas like a ricocheting bullet,
captivated by spontaneity.
Can we get lost on purpose?
I want to see where that dirt road takes me,
I'll just sit in a cornfield under the stars of a midwest summer
and let the fuzzy dusk seep into my skin like an ocean.
I wander and love the rush of not knowing where I am,
call it wanderlust, I'm addicted
to this feeling of wonder.
Can you see this me, the true, real, aching to break out of this skin, wanting to run
run with pounding, persistant, motivated steps?
Hear my inspiration thump and echo into the concrete under my feet,
you'll be amazed to see how much of myself is
carried in the beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment